Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dinner With Linda ~ Chili with Pork and Black Beans

I know you've seen a lot of recipes here lately...
I am up to my eyeballs in stuff to do.
I just got back from vacation...which was FABULOUS!
And now I'm feeling the pressure of the holidays weighing down...

I have several projects in the works...
but most are big and nothing I can really give progress on.
So, please bear with me...some good things are coming your way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we are continuing our mini series with...
She's been sharing some yummy pork recipes for your dinnertime enjoyment.

************
You can do so much with pork, you can have it roasted, fried, or other things.
Here are some recipes that you will enjoy.



Ingredients: 
  • One half cup of vegetable oil
  • Two medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
  • Five garlic cloves
  • Two and a half boneless pork butt, cut into half cubes
  • One third cup of chili powder
  • One tablespoon of ground cumin
  • One tablespoon of oregano
  • One tablespoon of thyme
  • One fourth teaspoon of cayenne pepper
  • One teaspoon of salt
  • Two cups of plum tomatoes
  • Three cups of vegetable broth
  • Two cups of black beans
What you need:

Heat some olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until it is tender for twenty minutes.

Heat the remaining tablespoons of olive oil in a casserole on medium heat. Place the pork and cook for fifteen minutes.

Place the chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and salt. Stir for about two minutes. Add the onions and garlic, tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring it to a boil until the pork is tender, about one and a half hours.

Stir the beans into the chili and let the sauce simmer for ten minutes. Serve and enjoy!

Linda Rosario is a food enthusiast from Chef Needs “The Kitchen that Every Chef Needs”.
Linda loves painting, writing and works as a full time mom to her 2 lovely kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again...thanks, Linda for sharing some tasty meals.
Say hi to Linda on the ChefNeeds Blog or on their Facebook page.


Ladling up steamy bowls here:

The Dedicated House
Averie Lane
Anyonita Nibbles
Love Grows Wild

2 comments:

  1. It's pork here today, too, Kelly! I have layered apples and pork chops in the crock pot and can't wait to try them for dinner- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must try this! Looks like a perfect chili for football Sundays. Found you at Tasty Tuesdays. Pinned :-)

    Lori
    Lori's Culinary Creations

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.